Sunday, August 31, 2008

Apparently I'm only

blogging once a month now :)

Let's see....since the cruise

-we are all moved in to our apt and...mostly settled in! :) Still haven't put up the curtains in the living room, so there are a few small things still that need to be done.
-But Collin started back to school, s
o we have less time for that kind of stuff.
-Jumoke came for a visit again! I don't think there are many pics from it, if any at all. We went canoeing on the Spring river. It was Jumoke's first time to go canoeing, and boy was it an adventure!! And hard work! But totally worth it I think! But my legs did get burned pretty badly! OUCH! And the reason for no pictures is...her camera got all nice and wet :/ as did Collin's cell phone. We had them in baggies...multipl baggies....note to self....g
o ahead an buy the waterproof camera and container if you go canoeing :) All in all it was a blast! We love getting to see Jumoke!!
-Zane started college. He is here along with some other friends from Mt P. We are so excited to be in the same town as Zane!! Today we had him and a few of his friends over for quesadillas! Yum! :)
-We took a short trip friday and sat to visit someone we hadn't met yet! Chase!! He is our newest nephew! It is Collin's sister's first baby! He is precious!!

see....told you...precious!


so that was fun...the worst part of this weekend was that Sara Clark was in town, but i didn't get to see her :( we got back and it was too late sat, and we had plans for lunch sunday already :( hopefully we'll have a good time to catch up sooner rather than later though, we'll see.

looks like a fun/busy semester for us. Collin's second year teaching started out well. I can already tell he is so much more prepared/comfortable in his job. He is an amazing teacher, and a hard worker.

now I'm trying to figure out what to do in oct. we have a wedding to go to in tx, Collin is in it. And then there is another wedding i want to go to the next weekend in tx...we'll see...that's a lot of traveling in one month. and we want to take a caming trip in oct too...phew....looks like that will be a busy week!

I better start settling down, I've got a big day at work tomorrow. Any holiday that most schools get off and Harding doesn't is a busy day for the admissions office. It is fall preview tomorrow...at least I get a nice big breakfast for free! :)

I hope to post pics of our new apt soonish :) Have a great week everyone! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So a free breakfast is the best thing that happens in your job? Interesting....