Thursday, October 16, 2008

They Accepted!

We thought we wouldn't hear anything until friday on the house...but...apparently they were ready to get rid of it!

We were notified at 12 that they counter offered(which was still a VERY decent deal). But our wonderful agent said since they countered so fast, she really felt like we could counter offer!
So that's what we did and they accepted it!

We are so excited!
Now we just need to get a good inspector to make sure this house is really as great as we think. There may be a problem with part of the roof. Hopefully not all, but I guess you never know till you know!
We took some pictures tonight when we went to see it again! :)


Oh, and here's the scoop. It was a foreclosure house, which we didn't know till the night we made the offer. So yes, it was a fantastic price!

It was made in 1957, and it's everything you'd expect a cutesy older home to be!
They have put new siding on, new double pain windows, new floor in the house except the bathroom, kitchen, and utility room. Sadly the floor isn't the original wood. It's under there though. New fans, new fixtures, new bathtub.

ANYWAY, yes...can you tell...I'm excited! But we also have fears because it is an older home. So we'll see when they inspect it!


Enjoy, and please keep us in your prayers!


our adorable house with red door!

This is where we will have our table. This room connects the living room to the kitchen.
The rooms on the left are the bonus room and the utility room.

This is the guest room.

This is a shot of the bathroom(there are more)

this is the living room, I'm standing in the hall that leads to the bathroom and bedrooms.

This is our bedroom!

Another shot of our bedroom with the closet. We'll have to do something about the use of the closet. They aren't making good use of it here.


The kitchen, and we get the refrigerator. Which will be one less thing to buy!

Looking from the living room to the front door.

The side of the deck.

And kitchen again.


And the bonus room!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Congratulations!!! It looks like a great house! I can't wait to see what y'all do with it.

Bonniebeewester said...

Christy-I absolutely love it! There is nothing better than a charming, older home. They just don't mkae homes like they used to, in my opinion :) I hope inspections go well and have so much fun "nesting"!

Rachel said...

Yay! We will be neighbors! You can come borrow a cup of sugar if you need to. :)

Aleta said...

I'm so proud of y'all! You've been patient, paid off debt, saved, and now you can reap the reward! I know you'll have lots of good memories of your first home! Can't wait to see it in person!