Tuesday, March 18, 2008

What a night!

So, this is going to be an exercise update, so if that bores you, you'll have to catch my next blog about Jumoke's visit to Arkansas!

Ok, if you remember I had stopped running because my legs were hurting so much, and I started biking. I biked twice as long as I ran because it was a lot easier and I didn't want to get back to running and not be able to run 30 minutes anymore. SO...I was doing so well and exercising daily, and then...I got sick. And was sick for about a week and a half. And didn't exercise AT ALL!!
I was wanting to sooo badly! Just itching to, if you can believe it!
So, after a week and a half, instead of jumping into a lot, I took it real slow and did some leg workouts because I knew my legs were starting to lose muscle already. And some random short cardio exercises.

Well...tonight...I wanted to get back to running sooooo badly...I did....and....wait for it....I just ran 30 minutes!! YAY!!
I could tell i was pushing myself a little, but not so much I had to stop, and my legs weren't hurting at all! I was being very careful about my running though, so I didn't measure my distance. All i wanted to do was know I could still run 30 minutes, and I can! So, I'm very excited! It felt pretty great :)

That is the only update I have except it is very busy at work this week because it's spring sing week/weekend. Which is also Bison Daze for our office. So...crazy crazy week! But it's nice being busy in some ways :)

Hope everyone is having a great week! It's almost wednesday! That means the week will be over before we know it!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

You go girl!!! I'm glad you aren't out of shape from the illness. Just make sure you're stretching after you run and even a 10 minute session before bedtime. That should help with any soreness that you may have from taking time off. I just had to say that--it's the coach in me coming out ;-)

Bonniebeewester said...

I've definitely learned if you take some time off from running, you get better results the next time you run. Way to go on the 30 minutes! That's such a HUGE accomplishment!