Sunday, April 6, 2008

Our Story :)

*Thanks Courtney for this idea!


Chapter One: The Chambers


Well…it all started when I was a little kid. We went to a church called Military Parkway Church of Christ. The Chambers family were also members there. They had several sons, one named Justin, who was my age. I don’t remember much about him really, we were very young. But his mom Judy Chambers was my pre-k teacher. That is all I remember about her as well. Come on…it was pre-k!!


You might be thinking….but I thought her husband was Collin….it is…just let me get there. Trust me, the journey goes back this far :)


Well, the Chambers family left Military when Justin and I were pretty young. We also left that congregation and went to Mesquite C of C. The Chambers, however, moved to Mt. Pleasant TX.


Both of us grew up, not thinking anything about each other I’m sure.


Then one summer when we were about to start our Junior year(I think), some friends and I were at camp at Harding called Uplift. We went every year, and it was always WONDERFUL! I had loved Harding since the first time I set foot on campus in elementary(that’s right), and I still loved every minute of being there!


A few of my girl friends and I were in an acapella singing group called “Eternal Flame.” That’s right, we were that awesome! :)


Well, most of the group were at camp this year(Sara, Robyn, Jevanna, and I), so we decide to try out for the talent show together. We were awesome! But we did this little dance thing at the beginning…not really ‘dancing’, but still…you know…it’s Harding…so…needless to say…we didn’t make it.


Back to the story, we were sitting in the Heritage Auditorium while watching the other auditions, and we were right behind these CUTE boys!! So we start talking to them. And one boy's name was….Justin Chambers….hmmm….that name sounds so familiar…So we got to talking about it and realized the connection. And I was like…I’m pretty sure your mom was my pre-k teacher! So it was fun and exciting realizing we had grown up together for a while, and well…he was pretty good looking too, so I was enjoying that as well. See, I was a bit….a LOT boy crazy back then.


Anyway, so that night I talk to my parents on the phone and told them all about how I ran into Justin Chambers. It was fun. We saw them a few more times and I even took a picture with him one of the last nights.


*I'll insert the pic here hopefully tonight or tomorrow


At this point you may be thinking…"didn’t she meet Collin in college?? We are still so far from that! "


I know I know! Just hang in there! We are so close!!


Ok, then, since I was boy crazy, I didn’t think much about Justin after that, because school had started and…there were so many other crushes to be had! J Including a crush on Collin….of course!


To be Continued! ...

No comments: