Ok, be prepared to be sickened if you have a somewhat bad labor story!!
Here is what happened.
Joy was ONE day late, she had her apointment at 8 30 yesterday morning. She felt some contractions, but figured it wasn't really labor, and she was going to the Dr soon anyway.
So, she got there, and he checked her out. They monitored her for a while, and the Dr said. You are at 3cm, I was going to induce Thurs anyway, why don't you just go to the hospital and I'll put you on a pitosin(sp?) drip to make your contractions more consistent.
They called all the parents and let them know. So Joy's parents started their 8 hr drive and my parents started their 10.5-11 hr drive.
Brandon and Joy got to the hospital about 10 45. They hooked her up, and she was contracting regularly.
I got there about 12 30ish, and sat with them a bit. Then they broke her water and she was at 5cm.
Then, I think it was around 1 30 or 2 when they gave her her epidural and she was at 6. And it was smooth sailing then! She was starting to doze off when the nurse came in about an hour later to check her.
The nurse said...well, are you ready?
And Joy said....Ready for what?! (in a shocked way)
The nurse said, ready to push!
I think Joy and Brandon were so shocked, and Joy was like....how many cm am I?!
The nurse was like...10! It's time!
haha, I walked in after all this, and they still had expressions of shock on their faces!
So I left, and a little after 3 33, we got to see little Claira!! (for those counting, that's only about 5 hrs!)
She is soooo precious and she has brandon's dimples!!!

Here is our first look at Claira Susan Tittle! And the proud daddy!(still weird to think of my brother as a dad!)

And here is Carter meeting Claira! Look at Joy...does she look like she just had a baby...this really is right after! She has not showered yet in this picture!

6 comments:
I want mine to go just like that, please! :)
That is awesome!!! Thank you for posting the pictures! I am so jealous that her labor went well!!!
Sara Jo
It's just not fair!
I am very jealous!! 26 hours and 2epidurals later we had our little Emma...she was worth it though;)
congrats!!! that's great that she had such a short labor, lucky.
Congratulations! I'm so happy for your family. By the way, looove the name Claira!
Post a Comment