I better fill you in on other areas of life so you won't get bored with my running stuff... :)
Work is great as usual. I love the fact that I am working to get these young adults into such a wonderful University! I'm probably a nerd because that makes me so excited. I just know Harding was such a blessing to me and I am so excited to be a part in the beginning of other people's future blessings.
I also LOVE LOVE LOVE my hours! 8 30-3 30 with an hour for lunch! God was totally involved when I got this job. Our job at ROV is 4 30p-8a every other week. So I NEVER have to worry about those conflicting, and I get to be home when Collin gets home. Sometimes even already have a meal prepared!
Collin is enjoying his first year teaching as well. There have been some hard times already, but over all he really enjoys it and I know the kids LOVE Mr Grimes!! I love hearing him talk about his students and I hope to observe him one of these days real soon.
January 2008 has been a great month so far. We were able to put a payment on our truck that equaled about 6 1/2 months worth of payments...AWESOME! So we will have it payed off in the next5 months hopefully. Then all we have are student loans. I'm so thankful we both have always felt the same way about debt and credit cards. Even though Collin is the spender of us, I'm thankful he doesn't think I'm mean when he asks if he can have a new "toy" or whatever it is, and I tell him I don't think it's the best idea. But I do hope we can each get something after the truck is paid off because we will have paid it off almost 2 years early. NICE! I think we might deserve something nice after that. :)
We have lots to look forward to this year, saving up for a house down payment, 4 yr anniversary(that'll be about 7 yrs of being together! WOW! How blessed are we?!?!), family cruise! in July, family camping trip, collin's first summer off!!, and I'm sure I'm forgetting much more, oh yes! I'm sure we'll have another MCC class of 2001 reunion! So...it's gonna be a GREAT year!
Speaking of the cruise and reunion, on to running!
I did another 20 minute run today and sadly I didn't make it to a 10 minute mile....sigh....however....I did make a 10 1/2 minute mile!!! WOOOOHOOOO! So close! So now I feel confident I can move on to the next week which doesn't even start out with 20 minutes, but will build up to 25 minutes....wow, I know I can do it though.
Collin was so impressed today when I told him I did the mile in 10 1/2 minutes! It was so cute....he was like....so you ran two miles?!?
Boy it made me feel so strong!! :)
I haven't lost any more weight on the scale since the week before Christmas, but I haven't gained any either and I can tell I'm slimming down still. I guess I'm toning some good muscle. I still have about 30 lbs to lose...yipes! But as long as I'm working out and eating right I'm not going to worry too much about the scale. But I do want to look nice on the cruise. I'm thankful we are going on this cruise because I needed a second motivation after our biggest loser competition, and that is a great one!! :)
Guess that'll be the end of this book!! Sorry so long!
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Good for you on the running! I am so behind- I don't even know what's going on with you! Glad you're loving you job! Call me!
Post a Comment