so, I ran 28 minutes last night. It was tough. But not because I added three minutes. I ate WAAAAY too much at dinner! I even waited two hours, but the run was sooo hard! I felt soooo bogged down! And when I'd try to go faster I felt like I was going to throw up my wonderful dinner. Soooo....needless to say, I didn't run very fast. I ran the same distance I had been running at 25 min. The only good thing that happened(besides me actually making it) was the last minute I REALLY took off. I would have called it a sprint...but I'm pretty slow, so people who normally run might not call it a sprint. But it felt like it for sure!
I have noticed that I have been getting better at pushing myself the last bit of my runs. So hopefully I'll keep it up. I want to run again tonight, hopefully it will go better!
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Grrrrr...Blogger is not letting me comment...let me see if I can remember what I wrote!
I think you will find that another benefit of running is that it helps you to re-evaluate your food portions and choices. Once you know what it feels like to "run heavy," you don't want to do it again! I am SO proud of you, sista! I'm really glad you are finally getting to experience the reward from all of your effort. Isn't it amazing--the energy and "goodness" you feel when you get in shape and start running!
and P.S. YOU need to move closer--come back to Texas!
http://www.polarusa.com/
Might I suggest a heart rate monitor from Polar. They make all sorts of neat chest straps, including womens sports bras and can really help in training. I have found this most useful when doing interval training, where you push hard for a short amount of time, then back off a bit. This HRM lets you monitor your heart rate and say "ok, 95% for 3 min, then 80% for 3 min" and be able to accurately do so.
Post a Comment