Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Moving on

to week five!

Last night and tonight I did the first session of week five training. Oh, but I should mention that I bought new running shoes today before I ran.

I like them and I can tell they are better for my feet and legs. Hope it helps with the shin splints! Yipes!

So...today I did three runs of 5 minutes and in between that were walks of three minutes. It felt great...in fact great enough that I'm going to move onto the second phase of week 5. Runs of 8 minutes...ewww... :) I know I can do it though.

Today was the first time since my first two runs in late November to run outside. It was really cool because (picture a square) I could only run one side of the building without stopping then...and even that was a challenge....I ran all four sides without feeling like I was going to die!! So it was neat to be able to see such a drastic improvement since November.

Welp...that's really all I have for now....sorry it's so boring and about my running right now, but that's what I'm working on right now....I know I know...I'm a nerd! :)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm sooooo proud of you!!! You have me really excited to start this program. I was thinking of hanging a certain dress (that I wore before I got pg w/ Em) on my wall to inspire me. Ty should be weaned by sometime in April, and I will be able to wear dresses again. It's my goal to be able to wear that dress this spring!

Bonniebeewester said...

Any number of miles is an accomplishment so congrats!! I'm glad you're running. Don't you just feel so much better afterwards? When I started running, I got to 1/2 a mile and had to stop because I was so winded. You have to start somewhere! Anyway, keep me updated on your progress. Have a good day!

Dawn said...

I think I might try your 5K thing...I haven't run in a long time, and I really really want to. I bought some new shoes a while back and spent way too much on them, so it's time to break them in. See, the little ole nerd is inspiring others to do the same thing! Good job!!! And thanks!